What We Do
Every healthcare professional with responsibility for medication administration must develop, demonstrate and maintain competency within this domain of clinical practice. Competency in medication dosage calculation problem solving is dependent upon three interrelated sub-elements:
Conceptual competence – understanding the problem
Calculation competence – accurately calculating dosage and rate numerical values
Technical measurement competence – transferring the numerical values to a medication measurement vehicle e.g. syringe or IV pump
Our software provides a unique and innovative environment for developing and assessing competence in an authentic virtual clinical context.
What are the distinguishing features of our Authentic World learning environment?
- Exposure to real world problems – presentation of problems as they exist in real world environments
- Scaffolded Learning - the systematic sequencing of content and tasks to support and optimize learning
- High quality media - authentic visual representations of what learners will see and use in practice
- Interactive learning – to encourage active learner engagement with the content using a range of techniques
- Worked examples - step-by-step walk-throughs of the entire problem solving and calculation processes to aid understanding
- Authentic assessment – assessment of learner understanding and ability in a ‘real world’ context
- Learner feedback – comprehensive evaluation of performance to identify and help remedy any conceptual, calculation or technical measurement errors and provide positive reinforcement of abilities.